Our custom developed Forex Fibonacci Retracement Timeline Indicator. A Fibonacci retracement is a popular tool among technical traders. It is based on the key numbers identified by mathematician Leonardo Fibonacci in the 13th century. Fibonacci’s sequence of numbers is not as important as the mathematical relationships, expressed as ratios, between the numbers in the series.
In technical analysis, a Fibonacci retracement is created by taking two extreme points (usually a major peak and trough) on a stock chart and dividing the vertical distance by the key Fibonacci ratios of 23.6%, 38.2%, 50%, 61.8%, and 100%. Once these levels are identified, horizontal lines are drawn and used to identify possible support and resistance levels.
- A Fibonacci retracement is a popular tool that traders can use to identify support and resistance levels, and place stop-loss orders or target prices.
- A Fibonacci retracement is created by taking two extreme points on a stock chart and dividing the vertical distance by the key Fibonacci ratios of 23.6%, 38.2%, 50%, 61.8%, and 100%.
- Fibonacci retracements suffer from the same drawbacks as other universal trading tools, so they are best used in conjunction with other indicators.
Feel free to use this indicator together with our other technical indicators (oscillators, momentum) or price action methods to maximize your trading accuracy.
The EUR/GBP 15 minute chart below displays the Forex Fibonacci Retracement Timeline Indicator in action.
Copy and paste the Forex Fibonacci Retracement Timeline Indicator into the MQL4 indicators folder of the Metatrader 4 trading platform.
You can access this folder from the top menu as follows:
File > Open Data Folder > MQL4 > Indicators (paste here)
How to remove Indicator from your Metatrader Chart?
- Select the Chart where is the Indicator running in your Metatrader 4 Client
- Right click into the Chart
- “Indicators list”
- Select the Indicator and delete